We hope that the IPOS newsletter will spread a sense of belonging among all IPOS members by sharing best practices and fostering professional networking. Weâ€™d like to especially promote an easy-to-understand approach and style that can attract different members from different regions and fields. To this end we invite IPOS members to contribute by emailing us with news and alerts about what you think can be relevant for all of us.
Newsletter format: The newsletter is intended to be a quarterly publication. Weâ€™ve conceived five sections:
- Up to Date:scientific news such as updates and alerts about books, papers, guidelines that may refer both to the specific psycho-oncological field and to advances and trends that may help psycho-oncologists.
- Letâ€™s talk: in each issue we plan an interview with an expert in psycho-oncology about recently published papers and/or about specific best practice or tool.
- Stay connected: alerts with institutional news about IPOS activities and services such as congresses, awards, calls, etc.
- IPOS4You: professional news about job alerts in psycho-oncology, call for projects, research opportunities, courses and so on.
- IPOS4All: comprehensive cancer information, in a popular scientific manner, that may help people living with cancer.
Contract Professor, School of Human Health Sciences at the University of Florence
Chief of Research, Psycho-Oncology Unit, Oncological Department of Florence, Italy
Oncology Social Work Supervisor, GVI Oncology, Cape Town, South Africa
Up to Date
- European Guide for Quality National Cancer Control Plans, from Luzia Travado
- New IPOS publication on depression measures in cancer, from IPOS Research Committee, contributed by Claire Wakefield
- New guidelines in breast cancer screening: the debate still goes on
- The role of psycho-oncology in cancer prevention
- The importance of age-appropriate intervention
- Balancing popularity and evidence: mindfulness in cancer care
- Reports back from 2015 APOS-IPOS International Congress, Washington DC
- A Short Report on the ESGO/IPOS Meeting in Nice, October 2015
- Update from the Early Career Psycho-Oncology Professionals (ECPP) Committee
- The New e-Health Special Interest Group
- News and Alerts about Upcoming Professional congresses